9/17/08

Runescape Trouble: Price Check

Hi

I got inspired by the "things wrong with runescape" vid by skychi (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJqaf6cEZtw), so I decided to make my own "things I hate about runescape" deal

Here goes:

Because of the grand exchange (and removal of unbalanced trade), alot of players have to calculate the price of items due the their being a specific price. So lets say you're fighting green dragons, or even just chillin' in varrok waiting for your friend to log on. Suddenly a player comes up to you going "Pc! Pc! Pc pc pc pc pc ples pc". Wait a minute...Pc? Private chat? What is he talking about? And sure enough-

___ wants to trade with you
___ wants to trade with you
___ wants to trade with you

So you oblige, and the player smashes ALL of his/her items into the trade box in a few seconds, declines trade, and teleports with a quick "ty". Wow. I'm fine doing a Pc (they changed the meaning to Price Check) in some calm situation, but just like random events, they pop up everywhere.

Alright, that in it's own isn't too bad. The higher lvl you are, the more likely they are to mob you (it's true), and it's really iratating but it isn't too bad.

The worst ones are the players that don't say ANYTHING to you. I mean, come on, it takes like .4 seconds to type "pc"? That is the worst type of "price checking".

Anyhow, just a really minor complaint, but it's been bugging me. I'm sure you've had a "pc" before.

Update: Does Jagex read my blog? Probably not, but I wish they did. Apparently somebody complained about this same issue. Now there is a pc button which you can use to check the price of anything in your inventory. Thank you jagex gods!

No comments: